WHOA NELLY!! I’ve gotten so many awards recently!!
I was nominated by Cindy and Shameeka for this one. Thank you so much guys!
1. Write a post to show your award.
2. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
3. Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
4. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
5. Select up to 10 other blogs you want to give the award to.I was active on Goodreads for a year or two, thoroughly enjoying the interaction there, but then I started following Emily May from The Book Geek. When I read a post there on how to start a blog yourself, I was intrigued right away. I mean, apart from Goodreads, there’s an entire book loving community out there with fabulous websites?! Count me in! Of course, I was way too insecure to actually get it going right away.
“Nobody wants to read my shit.”
“How many boob pics do I have to take to get people to follow me?”
Just a few of my main concerns there.
When I was paired up with Cindy (after my original partner bailed on me) in the Bookworm Bitches’ Buddy Read last August, I noticed that she actually already had a blog here on WordPress. So I read Emily May’s post on how to get started again and started taking action for realz this time. One of the pieces of advice was to sign up for NetGalley. I went there and…
It required you to have a blog, so how many other reasons did I need to create one??
A special thank you goes out to Liis now, because she was the first blogger I interacted with and made me feel right at home despite my horribly crappy looking website. – BE YOURSELF. I’m not censoring things on here just because it might come off harsh or vulgar. If you just stick to your own principles and personality, you’ll find like-minded people which makes the interaction so much better/more meaningful!
– Don’t just go for the popular stuff just because everybody else does it. Sure, it will up your blog’s hit count, but does it actually make you stand out?
– If you’re a book blogger, don’t just read the books everyone else is reading. Yes, people will look for reviews of famous books more often, but how about giving the relatively unknown author a chance to shine? I’ve discovered quite a few gems in the past year that I can happily recommend to people.
-Try to be creative and don’t be afraid to try things out. Sure, a lot of my experiments look like shit as well, but I consider it to be a journey to awesomeness!I know this is the perfect opportunity to display other blogs, but for me, it feels like not being picked in gym class all over again. Plus, I think every blogger deserves recognition because hot dayum, blogging is a lot of work!!