If you have any questions or comments for me, feel free to contact me at:
or on my:
Do you want me to review something for you?
Due to personal circumstances, I am currently UNAVAILABLE for review requests until further notice (if I already promised you a review before that, don’t worry, it’ll still be posted 🙂 ).
My main review guidelines are:
- It usually takes 2-8 weeks to read and review your book, depending on how many time slots are available when the request is made, the length of the book, and how much spare time I have during that particular period.
- I will try to give you a date on which I’m planning to post my review. I can’t always guarantee it will be up during that day due to unforeseen circumstances. I will let you know up front if I won’t be able to make it in time and present an alternative date to you.
- My reviews are always honest and fair. I tend to treat all authors as professionals, meaning I expect you to be able to take criticism as a professional as well. I will never attack an author personally and will stay focused on the author’s work instead.
- I don’t hand out 5-starred ratings like flyers for the newest club in town. This isn’t because I’m trying to be presumptuous, but because I want the 5-starred ones to really stand out and mean something. To me, a 5-star rating means it was perfect, will go on my favourites-of-all-time-list and I will recommend the shit out of it for sure.
- Reviews will be posted on my blog, Goodreads, Amazon UK and Amazon US. If you want me to post it somewhere else as well, just let me know and I will gladly do so.
- If your book turns out to get a 1-star rating from me, I will let you know up front and we can discuss if you want me to post my review on Amazon or not. I will always post a review of it on Goodreads, though, because I invested time in the book and GR members deserve to see all of the other readers’ experiences. The same goes for my blog if the content has been scheduled for a particular day.
- This is a free service; I’m not getting paid in any way to write reviews or to do other promotional work for your book. This means I will always try to give it my full attention, but my private life will come first (see point 2 also).
- I sometimes use swear words in my reviews. If you have a problem with this, let me know, and I can tone it down a notch. If you have a HUGE problem with this, I’m probably not the reviewer for you.
- I try to respond to all emails within four days (unless my blog states I’m on a holiday or otherwise not around for a longer period).
- I read all genres with the exception of Erotica and Poetry.
- I prefer Mobi files or physical review copies (or PDF files for graphic novels)
- Lastly, I’m obviously no academic when it comes to reviewing books, so I want to thank everyone who shows faith in me by submitting a review request! ❤
Note: I do NOT promote any Giveaways/Cover reveals/Book Blitzes etc. unless I’ve actually READ the particular book OR have read something from the corresponding author before.