I was nominated by Drew@The Tattooed Book Geek a while ago. And I’m thinking there was someone else who nominated me as well, but I don’t believe I got a pingback for it so I’m at a total loss for it now, sorry! This is what happens when you’re a professional procrastinator *sighs*. In any case, many belated thanks! 🙂
This is the second Liebster Award I’ve been given (see the previous one HERE), hence the 2.0!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award
- Ask 10 questions of your nominees.
Here are Drew’s questions:
What is the worst book you ever read?
Reading might actually be an overstatement. This book was such a shit show. It has 666 reviews on Goodreads now. Coincidence? I think not! What is it about? Lord if I know!
If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be?
I’d like to live in a fairy forest with talking woodland animals and have my own house inside a hollow tree. I’d have to eat some shrinking mushrooms to be able to fit in, though. Luckily, I live relatively close to Amsterdam ;).
What author would you love to interview for your blog?
I’m going for a relatively ‘unknown’ author here and say: Mac Barnett. I saw a Ted Talk of him earlier this year (sent to me by my lovely cousin who turned 55 yesterday *little post-birthday applause*) and I just wanted to marry him right then and there. Sadly, I just got married a couple of months before that, but oh well! *blows kiss to hubby*.
Why Mac Barnett? It can only be explained by watching this video too.
“17 minutes?!”, you say “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”.
I PROMISE you that it’s so worth those 17 minutes of your life. You could’ve been watching funny cat videos or a random video of a dude trying to stuff a sausage up his nose instead, I know, but trust me; this is way better.
What 3 famous people would you invite to a dinner party and why?
This is an interesting one because I’m not much of a talker (verbally, that is) and just thinking about having to entertain three people I admire over dinner already gives me terrible gas. It would work if they entertain me, though, or if I can just serve them dinner and watch from the sideline.
I’d invite Neil Gaiman, Norman Reedus, and the Queen of England. I bet there’s going to be some amazing chemistry there! Making my famous refried bean burritos while I’m at it. There’s only one toilet in my house. Who will cave first, and will Neil and Norman be the perfect gentlemen?
What genre of music do you listen to?
Anything that gets an emotion out of me. Which usually comes down to several types of rock. Metal and ’90’s alternative being my two favourite types there; symphony rock with songs that last over 7.5 minutes my least favourite.
I also love female singer-songwriters who can come up with amazing lyrics to a catchy tune. Tori Amos, Kate Bush, and Lana Del Rey being a few of them. And whatever happened to Melissa auf Der Maur?!
I recently started listening to The Lonely Island a lot as well. Andy Samberg is one of the few American comedians that just crack me up!
What is the book that started your love of reading?
I honestly don’t know because I already loved reading before I was able to. Stephen King’s The Shining made me switch to mainly reading English books, though!
P.s.- Who of you had the pleasure of watching Stranger Things yet? I watched it and almost dedicated an entire post to it, that’s the amount of love I feel for it. IT.IS.ABSOLUTELY.AMAZING. Amazing doesn’t even cut it. This is the best thing on TV since Twin Peaks!! Why did I bring this up here? Because the typography used for Stranger Things‘s title sequence has been directly inspired by older Stephen King book covers. As mentioned in this article about it, it is ‘pure, unadulterated typographic porn’.
How did you come up with your blog name?
As I already said in my previous Liebster Award post, I used a random blog name generator and clicked until I saw something I liked. Lame, I know! 😉
What’s your favourite film?
I can’t count the number of times I’ve watched the Poltergeist trilogy. I also like Mary Poppins, though.
eReader, Paperback or Hardback?
I read hairy back there for a second…But Hardback it is, even though I have no room to store any more of them!
I’ve just finished Sherlock Holmes and the Servants of Hell, a story combining Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes and Clive Barker’s Hellraiser world’s, what 2 fictional worlds would you combine to make a crossover story?
Fifty Shades of LOTR. I think Samwise Gamgee is secretly the Dom in this relationship.
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. I can grab pretty much everything with my toes. This way, if I ever get my arse hauled off to jail, I never have to worry about dropping any soap bars in the shower.
2. I once met Sir Sean Connery. Whatever they say about the effect he has on women is totally true…
3. When there was a mice infestation in my previous house, I used friendly traps (I’m not killing any animals unless it’s a mosquito). This little fella has a special place in my heart now. After he got caught in the trap, hubby and I drove 1.5 hours to set him free in the lovely parks of Middelburg. Because you know what they say about releasing them too close to home…they’ll just come running straight back into your house again. I secretly cried when we set him free. His name was Willy.
4. I haven’t read a single page yet today!
5. I’m a prude pervert.
6. This is how I like to spend some of my free time. That’s beer being poured down my cleavage during the last couple of seconds…
7. Whenever I try to take a selfie, I either end up looking like a porn star or a drunk crack whore. There’s just no middle ground.
8. I’ve always been the odd one in the family.
9. As a wee lass, I had a secret girl crush on Lara Flynn Boyle. Definitely not anymore now. *sigh*
10. I often make weird and inappropriate comments, but it’s almost always just my twisted sense of humour, so whenever I say something stupid, please don’t be offended. I’m a good girl! (who’s not on drugs btw ^^)
I’m a bit clueless to who has done what with all the tags and awards flying around as of lately :). Because of this, I’m only going to nominate three bloggers of whom I’m pretty sure they haven’t done this one yet (I hope). If you have, feel free to totally ignore my ignorance!
I’m going to be a lazy cow here and copy and paste the questions I used last time:
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- How many books do you think you have read by now?
- If you had to pick a bookish tattoo for yourself, what would it be of?
- Did you grow up amongst other readers or are you the literary sheep in the family?
- If you could write a book, what would it be about?
- What’s your favourite cake/pie/baked good?
- If you could choose to live in a different country, where would it be?
- What would you do if you were without an internet connection for 80 days?
- What’s the most creative thing you’ve ever done?
- Describe yourself in three words.