How does this work?
The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends! Every Friday, they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas, and pose a question for other participating bloggers to answer. It’s a chance to find some new blogs to visit, and gain some new followers in return. Win/win!
This week’s question is:
If you could take the place of one author, which author would it be and what changes would you make in his/her writing style? – Suggested by NJKinny’s World of Books & Stuff
My answer would be Charles Dickens, because I would have a brilliant imagination and an awesome sense of humour! Plus living in Victorian England in the 19th century seems kinda romantic (I know, SO naive; Dickens’ childhood sucked balls due to poverty). I would probably stay away from the opium though, even though I’m Dutch ^^.
I wouldn’t want to change anything in his writing style. Almost every book I’ve read of him so far is brilliant (apart from a few short stories which felt like one big acid trip…probably works better if you’re reading them in an opiumden).
If you also feel like participating in this Blog Hop, here are the rules for the #FF:
1. Follow the two hosts (this is a requirement)
2. Follow the featured bloggers (also required)
3. Put your blog name and url in the linky thing (you’ll know once you check the post on the hosts’ blogs)
3. Grab the button up here/there and place it in your post. This will give people a place to say ‘hi’ in your comments and let you know that they are following you.
4. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC, (Google Friend Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
5. Follow, Follow, Follow! As many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow: comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say ‘HI’.
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love…and the followers~!
7. If you’re new to the FF hop, comment on one of the hosts’ blogs and let them know, so they can stop by and check out your blog!
EDIT 6/11: Damnit, I appeared to have forgotten that I’m also posting on a WordPress platform! I don’t have a preference for a specific follow option (yet), so knock yourself out! 🙂
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…