Knock you Naked Brownies
- 1 box of German Chocolate Cake Mix (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker)
- 1 cup (115g) of finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup (75ml) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (115ml) evaporated milk (additional)
- 1/2 cup (115ml) melted butter
- 60 whole caramels (unwrapped obviously)
- 1/3 cup (50g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or cacao nibs if you want to eat
‘healthy’coughs, but they might be a bit too small to get the same effect)
- 1/4 cup (40g) powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175°C!)
In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 cup (75ml) evaporated milk, and melted butter. Stir together until totally combined. Mixture will be very thick.
Press half the mixture into a well-greased 9 x 9 inch (22x22cm) square baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
In a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with additional 1/2 cup (115ml) evaporated milk. When melted and combined, pour over brownie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
Turn out remaining brownie dough on work surface. Use your hands to press it into a large square (a little smaller than the pan). Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or 15-20 minutes if you like your brownies nice and gooey) Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for several hours. When ready to serve, generously sift powdered sugar over the surface of the brownies. Cut into either nine or twelve helpings, and gently remove from the pan.
I didn’t come up with this recipe myself, but don’t know the original source, so I’m not going to put any links here as a referral for now.